Visit our album of photos on our Facebook page to relive all the magic that was our “I Hate Valentine’s Day” Scrimmage! Shout out to all the volunteers and officials for making the trip to Antrim for one of the best, liveliest, most enjoyable scrimmages yet. Kudos to the 45+ skaters who played, for a great start to the season – especially you first-time skaters! Thanks to the Mad Misfits for putting on a great refreshment and merchandise table, and to participants in the post-scrimmage clothing swap, which generated a carload donation of clothing – 228 women’s, men’s, and children’s items – for the Revival Shop. And Special thanks to Mike Austin for being our official photographer for the day.
For more great scrimmage action, check out our Events page. Scrimmages are free and open to the public. Cheer on the Mad Knockers as we test ourselves against leagues across New England and get ready for bout season. Scrimmages are informal (non-sanctioned) competitive play with all the rules, strategies, and excitement of a real roller derby game but without the impact on team rankings. Community members, prospective skaters, sponsors, and visitors welcome!
- March 5 Mad Knockers vs. Worcester Roller Derby
- April 1 Mad Knockers vs. Bay State Brawlers
- April 29 Mad Knockers vs. Seacoast Roller Derby
- May 13 Mad Knockers AND Mad Misfits vs. Southshire Roller Derby
- August 26 (tentative) Mad Knockers black & white vs. Mass Maelstrom
Scrimmages are also great opportunities to learn the ropes of being a skating or non-skating official (NSO). NSOs can track scores and penalties, time jams and periods, and fill other critical volunteer roles. If your youngster needs community service hours for school, we are a registered nonprofit, and this is a great community activity! All scrimmages are 2 PM at Great Brook School in Antrim. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Challenge: Can you spot all the Mad Knockers in this photo? Killer K, Jeneration Crash, Kim, Sprawkett, Crash Cart, Brooke, and The Jessicutioner?
YOU can support more great LOCAL roller derby by becoming a sponsor. Email us for details on advertising in our event program. Advertisers get space on our printed event programs, our website, AND mentions by our announcers at bouts, so it’s 3 ads in one! We love our sponsors, and we need you!
Our next community Roller Skating Night is March 11. Last month there was a big party of friends, and we want to see more of you out there. So bring YOUR friends, or make some friends at roller skating night! Besides hot and cold refreshments, we also have fresh new batches of league logo t-shirts, totes, patches, stickers, and our newest product: handcrafted, all-natural, luscious Mad Pit Paste!
Thanks to the continued support of Rick & Diane’s Pizza, a Roller Skating Night sponsor!
The official event posters and postcards will be released once times are confirmed with our opposing teams, but for now, SAVE THESE BOUT DATES:
- April 22: Double Header – Mad Knockers AND Mad Misfits vs. NH Roller Derby’s women’s and junior teams (Manchester, NH)
- May 27: Mad Knockers vs. Seacoast Roller Derby (Dover, NH)
- June 17: Double Header – Mad Misfits vs. NH Roller Derby’s junior team AND invited all-stars (featuring 3 Mad Knockers) vs. Massachusetts all-stars (Manchester, NH)
- August 5-6: All Eight on the Floor Tournament (Auburn, MA)
- August 12: Mad Knockers vs. Seacoast Roller Derby (Henniker, NH)
- September 9: Double Header – Mad Knockers AND Mad Misfits vs. Southshire Roller Derby’s women’s and junior teams (Henniker, NH)
- September 23: Mad Knockers vs. Twin State Derby’s Upper Valley Vixens (Woodstock, VT)
Skater shout-out! Crash Cart #911 is a force to be reckoned with this season. (Duh, she’s a mom!) Having bouted with the Mad Knockers for the first time last year, she is back in black & blue, and steadily becoming one of the hardest hitters and steadfast leaders on the track. May we say, she also takes a mean selfie! Catch her in action and try not to fall!